Bike Builders (by Biker Atlas)

It's not what you buy, it's what you build...
It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 6:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:16 pm 
Site Admin

Undoubtedly, it means something different to everyone. While my gut reaction is just to say "If I have to explain, you wouldn't understand", that would merely be dodging the question. So I will try to summarize what being a biker means to ME. Opinions will vary here, and feel free to share yours. There is no right or wrong answer here, and I am certainly not judging. This is simply my opinion. Who gives a shit what I think??? And it by no means is intended to imply that if you don't fit my idea of a biker, that you are inferior to anyone in any way.. Hell, sometimes I even question if I am a true biker... LOL

Owning a motorcycle or a bike week t-shirt does not make you a biker. Being a biker is a lifestyle, an attitude. It is how you live your life both on and off your motorcycle. In fact, you can be a biker without even having a motorcycle. Now, pay attention to this. You have to have had a bike at some point, and inherited the "biker" spirit, but if you are currently bikeless, it doesn't take away biker blood. If the sound of a motorcycle riding by makes you drop whatever you are doing and look, you are probably on the right track. If the bugs in your teeth are part of your diet, so far so good. If you are overly concerned with how your hair looks when you stop somewhere, stop reading this now . You fail (but you are still welcome here). If the majority of your rides are to destinations where you hope to pick up girls, you may be a motorcycle rider, but you are NOT a biker. Bikers look out for each other, respect each other and help each other out. It is an unspoken brotherhood. When you truely become a "biker", you will know it.... But more importantly other real bikers will know it too. It will show through far beyond whatever you are riding, driving or wearing...

Being a biker is having the ability and the tenacity to question authority. It is having a certain rebel attitude, but not necessarily being an asshole. It is standing up for your freedom, the open road, your rights, your family and the brotherhood of fellow bikers whether you know them personally or not. It's being yourself all day, everyday... Not just copping an attitude when you put on a leather jacket. It's taking the backroads, mom and pop diners, and not caring what the weather report says. You don't have to be a master mechanic, but a true biker has a basic mechanical knowledge of motorcycles and can usually make most minor to intermediate repairs on their own.

There you have it... My idea of what it means to be a biker. Some will agree, some won't..... Post what YOU think.

www.BikerAtlas.com
www.Facebook.com/BikerAtlas
www.Twitter.com/BikerAtlas
www.YouTube.com/BikerAtlas

Profile Send private message